Get free access to
On Page SEO checks
Check Out What is H1 Tag and the Requirements for Writing it Properly
An example of H1 tag and title tag in html
<title>What is H1 Tag & How Important Is This For SEO?</title>
<h1>Explore an Importance of H1 Tag and the Requirements of Its Writing</h1>
What is an h1 tag?
The h1 tag is the table of contents of the text (it’s like the title of the book or the title of the article in the newspaper). On each page there should be one and only one tag h1.
In terms of attractiveness for the user, it is of primary importance. But for SEO-promotion, title meta tag will have more weight. Title is also a page header, but it is prescribed not only for people, but also for robots. It is displayed not in the page itself, but only in the browser tab and in the snippet as the active link to the site. In fact, the title is an alternative, but the main header for the html document. If it is absent, the search engine takes as a basis h1 and uses it in the sickle.
Why should h1 differ from Title?
It’s pretty important to understand that h1 and title are different headings. And they must be skillfully combined. Here are the basics on this topic:
Neglecting the rules of uniqueness and relevance of headings can lead to the fact that the site falls under the filter. Recently, search engines began to pay special attention to the quality of content and its SEO-settings. Doubles, oversampling, chaotic distribution of headers, their inconsistency with content is punished.
Requirements for length H1
H1 is recommended to be made more concise than Title, not exceeding the number of characters greater than 50. But there will not be a catastrophe if the headline is longer when it is impossible to cram the whole essence into a designated amount. Special plugins for cms WordPress allow you to analyze the correct filling of all meta directly in the editor.
Rules for literate writing h1
- Must be unique for the entire site and absolutely readable;
- Does not repeat the title tag, but does not contradict it;
- Do not make it too long (you can do a title with more space);
- Used only once per page;
- Relevant to the text and displays the semantic essence of the material;
- Interesting, attractive to the user;
- You can not put a dot at the end and it is recommended to use punctuation marks at the minimum.
- Should be added to every page.
- Must be written in the page code only once.
- Should be placed above other header tags and differ from them visually by font size.
- Should contain the main keyword relevant to this page.
- Be unique (there are not any pages with the same h1 through the site).
- Be used without punctuation at the end, exception – signs “?” and “!”.
- Must be used without unnecessary tags (for example, a link tag).
The main key phrases, in the first place, should contain the title. But you should write them in h1 too. Both here and there, it is better to do it at the very beginning. But it would be better if the keywords did not duplicate each other in these two tags. You need to use different word forms or diluted entries in h1 and lines in the title. Some take all the keys on the page and make up the structure of the articles from them. It`s very important for SEO writing needs to write h1 tag properly. Just remember – without cool behavioral factors such a scattering of keywords on the subtitles will be punished with a filter for overshooting.