Get free SEO audit
Explore How to Make Your Website Indexed Faster
How can one possibly speed up this performance? What needs to be done to make certain it gets off the ground? To make the Googlebot work for you, learn the basics about the procedure the bots follow when crawling and indexing new sites and content. In continuation, you will get acquainted with the techniques and approaches allowing to quicken the process of content indexation.
Googlebot, Crawling, and Indexing: what is it?
So this is the first stage of your acquaintance with site crawling and indexing. It’s high time to learn what Googlebot is, how crawling and indexation differ, and in what way both processes can contribute to your success. Get acquainted with the points listed below.
- Googlebot or Google index page checker is the name of the search program (bot) which duty it is to gather data on documentation on the Internet to further include it in the Google search index.
- The procedure of bot’s attending websites (both new and old) in search of fresh and updated content to further pass the information to Google, is called crawling. How does the bot know what to crawl? It is thanks to links! Don`t forget to test robots.txt file to sure that all the needed pages are allowed for indexation.
- Indexation is the next step taking place when the documents collected at the stage of crawling are processed. As soon as processing is over, the information is added to Google search index provided that the content is identified as qualitative. As a part of indexation, examination of words on the determined page is obligatory. Also, here the analysis of alt tags and title tags takes place.
But how do the bots manage to detect new material, be it some new content of about one-page length, blog post, or a completely fresh website? It is due to previously gathered information on the web about the Google indexed pages and the sitemap information offered by the webmaster. It happens during the repeat visit to the pages which have been already crawled before. The bot then finds links showing which pages need to be crawled. Don`t forget to fix any broken link can be found to optimize your crawl budget.
Thus, we reach the conclusion that it is due to sitemaps and links that the content is detected and processed. It’s high time to go on to the next question. How can we make the sitemaps of your web resource and links work for your success, lighting the way to your updated content or entirely new website?
Let’s Make a New Blog or Website Noticed as Soon as Possible
What should you do to make your site noticed by the Google search system? There exists several options to choose from. A pleasant bonus is that these activities will help you boost referral traffic of your “newborn” web resource!
- Sitemap creation. A document (XML) that represents a list of pages on the website which is stored on the server of your website. When you add new pages to the website, it informs the search system about that and gives instructions for the desired schedule of verification for changes on the determined pages. You are free to choose the frequency. If you need it, you can make popular search engines verify your pages for updated information (new goods, posts, or any other content) every day. Or, if you don’t, choose another frequency. Depending on the content management system of your site, you can simplify this process to a great extent. If it is WordPress, installation of Google XML Sitemaps plugin can enable automated sitemap creation and update, passing the needed data to the search engines. One more helper is the Yoast SEO plugin.
- Get your sitemap submitted to Google Indexing Tool. So, you’ve got a sitemap. As soon as it is created, take it to Google Webmaster Tools (if you have an account). If you don’t, create a free account on Google and sign up for Webmaster Tools. Further, add your site to Webmaster, open the folder “Crawl”, choose “Sitemaps” and insert the link to your sitemap. This way you inform Google search system about new pages. For a better result, also use Bing. There you can create another account, sign in, and include your xml sitemap using Webmaster Tools.
- Make use of Google Analytics. Installation of Google Analytics is mainly used for tracking, but do not reject one more occasion to inform Google that your new website is about to see the world in advance.
- Make search engines process your website URL. This is one of the approaches that most people neglect when looking for opportunities to make search engines crawl the pages on your website. Why? Google indexing tools don’t demand any extra efforts or resources and definitely don’t do any harm! What you need to do is to sign in your Google Account, and select “Submit URL” in Webmaster Tools. Congratulations, you’ve submitted the website’s URL to Google. For a better result, submission to Bing is advisable as well. Another option in this concern allowing to submit to Yahoo automatically is to use anonymous tools for URL submission below the Webmaster Tools Sign In.
- Create and keep your social profiles updated. Now that you know that links serve to attract the bots to the site, learn how to make use of quick links. First, create your website profiles on LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube channels and Google+ (both profiles and pages). Use as many networks as possible. If you want to work with the existing profiles, just add your link to your site.
- Share link to your new website. As soon as your link is included to your new or old profile in social networks, share it in a status update. Google indexers track signals from social networks. The necessary signal will be received, though these are nofollow links. Working on YouTube, introduce some video material serving a presentation of your site and provide a link to it in the description of your video presentation. Take a picture from your website and pin it to allow the search engines to notice your activity on Pinterest.
- Use bookmarks. Put the address to the website on social resources like Delicious and StumbleUpon to bookmark.
- Write offsite content. Blogs, articles, press releases, guest posts and other quality offsite content related to your field from reliable sites offer another opportunity for link building. Do you want to get more additional links to your resource? Address to some services offering SEO optimization. Make certain that you collaborate with a trustworthy service since articles containing spam will just serve as a spot on your reputation. Otherwise, Google indexed pages checker will mark your new web resource as a spammy one.
How to Get Google to Index Your Site
What should be done if the new web resource is a blog? Well, then you have even more options to choose from that means you have more chances to succeed. All the approaches and techniques described above are well applied to blogs, but in addition, you can make use of methods listed below to help Google indexer find your blog.
- When installing your RSS use Feedburner. The procedure is rather simple: sign in your Google Account to submit the feed with Feedburner and insert URL or RSS feed URL of your blog in the “Burn a feed” bar. Feedburner is another tool for RSS management offered by Google. It will help to notify the crawling bots of your new blog or updates in it every time you implement some changes.
- Address to blog directories. Top Rank offers one more incredible opportunity to produce more incoming links due to a long list of blog directories. All of them are open for blog and RSS feed submission. If for some reason you can’t/don’t want to submit to each such website from the list, use Technorati (one of the leading blog directories). For blogs with a lot of content Alltop is advisable.
- Create Social Media Accounts. As you know, Google likes trusted websites. So there is no doubt that links from the high authority pages will bring you the needed result. It`s the easiest way to get extra links from Google+, Twitter, Facebook to your website and share your it with the world.
As soon as you’ve coped with the task to attract the attention of Google index checker, your blog will get indexed. From that happy moment, Google search will bring you more and more traffic every day. Well, the game is worth the candle. Setting up sitemaps, just as making use of RSS feed, you will only make your new website or blog even more noticeable for the Internet users. But the best method to help people discover your site is to share it in the social network profiles when updating the status. When it comes to quick links, Google+ is the best in the list of social media.
The peculiarity of content in a blog is that it needs less time for indexation than any other website that makes it very useful to have a blog to support your website indexation. How does it work? If you have just added one product page about sun-dried tomatoes to your website, make a post about their usage and health benefits and include there a link to the product page. It will help Google index page checker find product page faster.