What Is Meta Description and How Long Should It Be?
An example of html code
<meta name="description" content ="short description of the page">
Value of the description tag
Meta tag description can affect the position of the site in the output of those search engines that take it into account (in particular, Google). In addition, visitors, viewing the sickle, read the descriptions of the proposed pages. The snippet, which is formed taking into account the information described in the meta tag description, helps the user to make a final decision whether to go to the site offered by the search engine.
How to register meta description?
- There are a number of recommendations for filling in the meta tag description:
- The description should not exceed 320 characters. It is this amount of text that is placed in the output (under the link to the page). If the length of the tag is greater than this value, the description will be incomplete.
- The correct description should contain keywords that optimize this page. The most frequent requests must be located at the beginning of the description. Do not use more than 3-4 key phrases in the tag. The same word should not be repeated more than 5-7 times.
- The tag should describe the content of a particular page. The text should be clear and concise, it is not recommended to use general phrases.
- Descriptions in meta tags description should be unique for all pages of the site, it is not recommended to copy a part of the text on the page to fill the tag.
- The description tag should be different from the title tag.
- Description should be attractive to users, give an idea of what information they will find on the page described, talk about the advantages of the product or service.
Get Free Website SEO Score Online
Improve your SEO rating with the best website checker
Meta robots tags are used to pass instructions to search engines on how they should index or crawl sections of a website. This article gives an overview of the different values that can be used in a
If you understand how to use schema.org, but do not dare to mark pages up because of the complexity of the process, this article is for you. There is an effective and easy-to-use alternative - the
All search engines, including Google, have problems with duplicate content. When the same content is shown at numerous locations on the internet, a search engine can’t determine which URL should be
All the painstaking site optimization work can be crossed out by technical mistakes that will interfere with: the project's ability to be fully indexed, the search robot's ability to understand the
If you have purchased your domain or are using web hosting, you’re likely to have a top-level domain. This article looks at domain name hierarchy, the purpose of top-level domains and some of the
Root domain - the domain of the highest level in any domain name system. The root domain of the Internet (sometimes called the zero-level domain) is serviced by the root servers of the domain name