What is Ahrefs Rank and Domain Rank?
The truth about great performance in search results is quite simple: high-quality content, website speed optimization, and strong backlink profile.
Domain Rank is all about relevant and quality backlinks to your website. How it is calculated? In fact, Ahrefs calculates it according to its own algorithm and the following parameters:
- the number of unique domains is referring to your website;
- the number of relevant domains which bring value to your website;
- the total number of unique backlinks due to referring domains.
Ahrefs Rank (AR) shows the target website’s position among all other websites in Ahrefs database rated by the “strength” of their backlink profiles. The website with the strongest backlink profile is ranked #1.
Domain Rating (DR) shows the relative “backlink popularity” of the target website compared to all other websites in Ahrefs database on a 100-point logarithmic scale (higher = stronger). Ahrefs calculates DR based on the number of websites linking to the domain’s URLs and their backlink profile strength.
How to use this scores in SEO and marketing?
- Combine it with Alexa Rank Checker, Moz Rank Checker and Traffic Checker to research your competitors and their SEO strategies.
- Evaluate backlink profile of your own website and measure how successful your link building strategy is.
- Check and analyze your DR and AR, build a strategy to perform a website in SERP better.